Monday, December 30, 2013

Holmes Air Purifiers:


I'm a big air purifier person.  Don't ask why...well, OK, I heard you ask:  Its because I live on a very busy street and we get TONS of dust and dirt in the house.  Even with regular vacuuming there is a layer of dust 24X7.  So I purchased 2 air purifiers, 1 Holmes and 1 TheraPure.  They work well enough and are about the same noise level.  Every couple months I clean the filters and WOW...tons of gunked on stuff.

So,  my Holmes  died within a year.  It was clearly one of the electronic components that came from China with poor quality.  No amount of resetting, oiling the motor bearings, or shaking it would revive it.  So I go onto the Holmes website, not expecting much.  I fill out a customer contact form and "WA-LA"...they write back within a day!!!  One thing led to another and they sent me a new unit.   So, I was a bit disappointed by the product quality at first, but the customer service was excellent.  Every one gets a bad batch of parts from time to time, the real measure is how the issue is handled.

No comments:

Post a Comment